Dolphin Eco Tour Marco Island
A fantastic family adventure!
Available Tour Times: 9 a.m. & 1 p.m. (Conditions may apply)
Duration: 3 hours
Get to know some of our area dolphins on every trip! Learn their names and who their relatives are as we cruise the waters of Marco Island in search of wildlife on this family-friendly eco-tour. Reservations are highly recommended!
- Senior (60+)
- Child (3-12)
- Wee One (under 3)
Meeting Location & Check-In Information:
- We meet at Rose Marina, 951 Bald Eagle Dr., Marco Island, FL 34145
- Please check in at the booth and wait for further instructions
- Please arrive 30 minutes early to park and check-in
- A complimentary souvenir photo is included, as well as a shelling bag.
- We provide complimentary water bottles on the Dolphin Explorer. You are welcome to bring along your own snacks and beverages as well on your educational Marco Island dolphin eco-tour.
- There is a restroom on the boat for your convenience.
Barrier Islands Dolphin Tour
Join the survey crew of the Dolphin Explorer and discover our underwater neighbors, the bottlenose dolphins of Southwest Florida.
On our dolphin journey, we cruise the waters of Marco Island in search of dolphins and explore the subtropical estuaries of the 10,000 Islands National Wildlife Refuge and the Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve.
Learn to identify and know these marine animals on a first name basis! All of our dolphins have been photo identified, named by passengers, and cataloged.
Photograph our resident dolphins enjoying their natural habitat. We also stop to wander and do some shelling on the beaches of the surrounding barrier islands. This eco-tour is great for families and individuals alike as it’s designed to be educational and fun!
On our Florida dolphin expedition, you:
- Name a dolphin if we sight a new one while on your cruise!
- HEY KIDS! Take our Dolphin Challenge and become a member of our team!
- See many other marine mammals, including manatees (May – September).
- Watch birds of prey and wading birds including eagles, osprey, egrets, ibis, great blue heron, pelicans, and more.
- Search for exotic shells on a Barrier Beach.
These adventures are part of a long-term study to document the lives of coastal bottlenose dolphin. Over 100 dolphins have been “photo ID’d,” named, coded and cataloged to date. Please note that gratuity is not included in the price.